Sunday 13 September 2015

Battle of the Chess Champions Warehouse Party

http://heyevent.com/event/4gjozgsfzwzhoa/battle-of-the-chess-champions-warehouse-party

Ever thought that a chess/clubbing night would be a good idea? Nope, me neither. However I was willing to give it a shot! However, this definitely goes down under "weird".

Turns out the chess was that each club goer represented a piece. Think wizard chess without the death. Probably just as cool as wizard chess. Unfortunately I missed it because I was out pre-drinking (for the chess, I know).

My other mistake was that the ad said to:
"Dress for the chess and to impress"

Pretty much everyone else had dressed up as a chess piece.

On the plus side, the DJ was pretty cool (Dice FX). And the venue, Scratch Warehouse, is a pretty cool venue for a unique clubbing night.

This appears to be a one-off, however I hope this article inspires other unusual crossover nights. Any ideas, comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment